Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Much organizing

Well, much for me. I worked in the kitchen, today, putting away dishes, washing a few, figuring out where to put the spices and the cups o' noodles, both of which I own in plentiful amounts.

My sister called and invited me to go to an art store with her. Saw many fine things I would like to have, for the creation of art, and a few brushes that I'd like to use for sensual massage if, in fact, there was anyone to massage. Yes, seriously! They were very soft and tickly.

After that, we went to Pier 1, where I found many things to love. The one thing I was sure of that I would enjoy having in my home, regardless of what else I did with the place, was this chest of Asian feel, with dragonflies on it. It was black with red and gold designs sort of etched onto it. Very cute. Would be fine underneath a wall-mounted flat screen, for housing a few videos, I guess.

Then, back to her house, where we watched some HGTV and I had the idea, again, of putting the love seat at the end of my bed, if and when I ever get my bed. Not sure it would work, just because of the configurations of the room, though.

Then, off to the dog park, which was very pleasant. Yes, we took the dogs.

Oh, and, somewhere in all that, pretty near the front, I discovered that my son stole my money. See, his friend finally paid me back the $20 he owed me, and I used some of it to buy a silverware organizer tray and my favorite magazines, a soda and candy for me and my sister (each), and had about $6.50 left over, which my son took out of my wallet.  (sigh)

Dropped my black peppers, which came in their own glass jar with a grinder, too; not while out with my sister, but, while organizing things. It's a bummer, but, I'll live. I certainly have black pepper, just not whole cloves.

All in all it was an eventful day, filled with disappointment, laughter, hurt feelings, weirdness and beef stew. The weirdness was mainly related to a movie we watched called American Perfekt. At least, I think that is the name of it. Very weird. Yes, I think I would recommend seeing it, but, the one review we read seemed to hit it on the head. Something about how they liked the movie but were not sure why and damn if they'd ever do heads or tails over anything again.

Still no word from that guy. Pretty sure there is nothing to get excited about, on any level, in any direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment